I found out there there is quite a difference between developing the code and just trying to run it. There has been a dependencies directory in the source code from the beginning, but I hit a couple of snags in distribution. On OS X the application would not run and exited with an error about not being able to find the xerces-c library (I use xerces for easy XML parsing and generation). I opened a bug on this and today set about trying to make a nice installer for Mac.
Mac has some really easy deployment tools included in the developer package. So I have spent a bit of time working with it, and I think (still in testing), that I now have a basic OS X installer. I should wrap up testing on the installer by EOD today and will close the bug. One important point. Right now the OS X version of Wildcat CAD only supports 10.5 and Intel. If there is sufficient demand I will see about putting out a Tiger version and maybe a PPC version.
In the grand scheme of things having nice installers is probably pretty low on the functionality list, but I really want to encourage users to try out the software and having a drop-dead easy deployment is a really important part of this. Maybe I will even work on some code today. Tomorrow is Windows installer day!