So now what I spent more of the day on and got nowhere. Right now the GPU code for NURBS curve and surface generation work well and have been tested on nVidia GPUs, mostly on the G80 found in the current MacBook Pro. I have an ATI HD 2400 XT based Windows XP machine that I have been using for my Win32 development and I had not gotten GPU-based generation running on it. Today I thought would be the day I got it all up and working.
After spending about 4 hours trying to figure out ways around ATI's crappy support for integers in GLSL I gave up. I don't want to convert the routines to entirely float-based since I know the int versions work well on good GPUs. I might take another shot at ATI support in a few days, but for now I need to get some space between me and ATI. Blah!